Sunday, September 6, 2009

Four Records, Three Records, One Record

Due to the severe ADD that I suffer from, I am always working on 3 or 4 articles at once, which is possibly why many of them never get posted.

I thought I would provide a short excerpt of an article I am working on to stimulate a little thought.

If you feel I am wrong in my interpretation, feel free to challenge me, publically or in private.

BTW for those of you who are following the 23 High Priests/Holy Order series, I just posted part 5-b here,

Searching for the Holy Order and 23 High Priests- Part 5-b

and those interested in the spiritual wife doctrine, I just posted a critique of section 132 here,

Analysis of Section 132



Four Records merge into Three, then become One

The common interpretation of Ezekiel 37:16 is that there are two records that will become one.

However the Book of Mormon passage that appears to address the same topic identifies four records that become three records and are eventually gathered into one.

Lets first review the Book of Mormon passage while including insertions for clarification;

12 For behold, I shall speak unto the Jews and they shall write it; [Bible] and I shall also speak unto the Nephites and they shall write it; [Book of Mormon] and I shall also speak unto the other tribes of the house of Israel, which I have led away, and they shall write it; [Book of Commandments] and I shall also speak unto all nations of the earth and they shall write it. [Doctrine and Covenants]

13 And it shall come to pass that the Jews shall have the words of the Nephites, and the Nephites shall have the words of the Jews; and the Nephites and the Jews shall have the words of the lost tribes of Israel; and the lost tribes of Israel shall have the words of the Nephites and the Jews.

14 And it shall come to pass that my people, which are of the house of Israel, shall be gathered home unto the lands of their possessions; [Promised land of America] and my word also shall be gathered in one. And I will show unto them that fight against my word and against my people, who are of the house of Israel, that I am God, and that I covenanted with Abraham that I would remember his seed forever. 2 Ne. 29: 12-13

  • Jews- Kingdom of Judah- Bible
  • Nephites- Descendents of Lehi- Manassah- Book of Mormon
  • Other Tribes- Outcasts of Israel identified with the Gentiles- Book of Commandment
  • All Nations OR Lost Tribes- Outcasts of Israel combined with gathered remnants of Judah and other tribes and all descendants of Abraham.- Doctrine and Covenants

No comments: