Monday, September 1, 2008

#23 "...I promise you when I come again I will lead you forth, so that where I am you shall be with me.."

Here is a prophecy by Joseph Smith himself regarding his return to lead forth the church;

"...But I will say, this you will be called the first elders of the church and your mission will be to the nations of the earth, you will gather many people into the fastness of the Rocky Mountains as a center for the gathering of the people and you will be faithful because you have been true and many of those who come in under your ministry, on account of their much learning will seek for high places and they will set up and raise themselves to eminence above you, but you will walk in low places unnoticed and you will know all that transpires in their minds and those that are your friends are my friends...

This I will promise you that when I come again to lead you forth, for I will go to prepare a place for you so that where I am you will be. I now dismiss you with my blessing to go home." (Joseph's last speech to the Nauvoo Legion; documented in the Life Story Of Wandles Mace, By Himself; Pages 131-132 also mentioned in the Autobiography of the William Byram PACE )


It may seem like I am beating a dead horse with so many conference talks, dreams, visions, patriarchal blessings, ancient and modern scriptures that are testifying of the return of Joseph Smith but I am doing it for several reasons.

The most obvious reason that I am doing it is because it seems so bizarre to people that God would return his servant from the dead after four generations, that I feel it is necessary to provide so many testimonies from so many different sources.

Another reason for laying this foundation is because I am about to provide some incredible prophecies out of the Old Testament that speak of the return of Joseph Smith and the Marvelous Work and these verses require a previous knowledge of the role of Joseph Smith before the reader is able to comprehend what they are speaking about... so put your seat belt on and your crash helmet because the next few entries are going to take you for quite a ride in hearing about the return of Gods servant, the gathering of Israel and the Marvelous Work that is yet to take place.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know Watchman I've read these quotes about Joseph Smith coming back before so it's so fun to see them one right after the other. How did you find all of these? You seem to have them right at your finger tips.

Are you sure the Old Testement talks of Josep Smith?

Someone who is watching said...

Hi Malachi

I wrote a paper on this topic years ago plus we have some very good friends that we study this with on a weekly basis so I do have a pretty good resource to draw from.

Yes, Isaiah says some incredible things about Joseph Smith.

I am getting ready to go out of town on business so it may be a few days before I post them.. but I'll get around to it pretty soon.